For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions the following words have the following meanings.
Contract - the contract for sale by us and purchase of Goods by you.
Goods - the range of products that are available for purchase from this Site.
Site- our world wide web address www.lipsy.co.uk.
For security reasons, your first order can only be shipped to the cardholder's billing address.
To avoid delays, please ensure that for your first order your billing and delivery address match the address on your card statement, and the cardholder's name is written as it appears on the card.
Please also ensure that your contact details are filled in accurately so we can contact you if we need to.
Orders and Contract Formation
Your order is accepted and a contract formed between Lipsy and you when we despatch the Goods you have ordered and not before. A contract is not formed at the point in time that payment has been taken from you by Lipsy, nor at the point in time that you receive an email from Lipsy acknowledging receipt of your order. Until the goods are despatched the order may not be accepted by Lipsy or may be cancelled by you. For security reasons we may restrict the volumes of certain items to be sold in any one transaction.
Our delivery charge to mainland UK is just £3.75 per order no matter how large your order.
The prices quoted are those ruling at the time of production. Due to circumstances beyond our control, prices may have to be altered up or down. In the EU, prices may also change due to any alterations to the rate of value added tax (also referred to as “VAT”). The correct price will be shown when you place your order. All prices shown are cash prices in sterling. Prices of Goods displayed in and ordered through the Site may differ from prices in store.
VAT is chargeable on goods delivered to the UK and EU. VAT is not chargeable in respect of Goods delivered to customers outside the EU. However, Lipsy only maintains one price for each item listed for sale on its website, whether delivered inside or outside the EU.
Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2013 you have the right to cancel your order within 14 working days following receipt of your Goods. Please be aware that your right to cancel does not apply to certain products that we sell, for example, toiletries and cosmetics, or pierced earrings. You must inform us of your wish to cancel in writing within 14 working days following the date of receipt and must take reasonable care of the products and not use them.
You can inform us by contacting us by email or mail at email@example.com or Customer Services, Lipsy Limited, Phase 5, Desford Road, Enderby, Leicester, LE19 4AT. You may use the cancellation form here, but it is not obligatory. You should return products to us in their original packaging, wherever possible, as soon as possible after informing us of your wish to cancel. If you return products to us, we will not be responsible for any loss or damage to them during transit and we recommend that you use a recorded or secure delivery method. If goods are lost or damaged in transit, we may charge you, or not refund to you, amounts that are attributable to the loss or damage.
For full details of your rights under the Distance Selling Regulations, please contact your local Trading Standards office or Citizens' Advice Bureau.
Full details of how to return Goods can be found in the Returns section.
In addition to your rights described under the Distance Selling Regulations above, in the unlikely event you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase or the item is not to your taste, you can simply return it to us in its original, saleable condition with a returns note stating the reason for return.
Please allow 10 working days from our receipt of your returns for us to process a refund. The time frame is dictated by your bank or card issuer and is outside of our control. Your refund will be credited to the same card with which you made your original purchase. If there is a problem with issuing a refund to your card, our customer service team will contact you.
Please note, other than returns made under the Distance Selling Regulations, if you return an item outside 28 days of despatch, you will be refunded onto a Lipsy returns card rather than your original method of payment. After the 28 days from despatch we cannot refund you onto your credit/debit card for your returned item (except where returns are under the Distance Selling Regulations), nor are we able to send the item back to you. So please look closely at the despatch date before returning your item.
Subject to your rights under the Distance Selling Regulations, your initial delivery charge will only be refunded, if the item/s were faulty or the wrong item/s were sent. In all other cases (except those under the Distance Selling Regulations) you will be refunded the full value of the item/s returned less the delivery charge. If a discount was applied to your original order, the amount refunded will be adjusted accordingly.
The cost and care of returning the item(s) is your responsibility. You should complete and detach the returns note enclosed with your items and enclose it, together with your return items, inside your parcel.
We strongly recommend that you send the parcel by recorded delivery mail and keep a copy of the recorded delivery number just in case your parcel goes missing. Lipsy is not responsible for items lost by recorded delivery mail in the returns process. Please see Exceptions for items which cannot be returned.
If you have any questions, please contact our customer service team on 0333 777 4588 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exceptions to the Returns Policy
Subject to your rights under the Distance Selling Regulations, the following items are not included in our standard returns policy. We cannot accept any returns of toiletries, cosmetics, earrings and jewellery. Swimwear and lingerie items should be returned in their original packaging and where relevant, with their original hygiene slips in place. Tights must be returned in their original packaging and in good condition.
Next Day Delivery
The next day delivery service applies on orders placed before 10pm Sunday - Friday. Orders placed on Saturday will be delivered on Monday. The next day delivery service is only available in our personal courier areas and is subject to stock and courier availability and demand. When the personal courier service is not available, Lipsy will deliver by an alternative carrier and this may take longer. This service is not available during sale or busy periods.
Offer Order Codes
Free Delivery and other offer order codes remain the property of Lipsy, are non-transferable and may not be reproduced in any form or used in conjunction with any other offer. Free delivery, NUS discount and other offer order codes are not to be used in conjunction with any other offer or against sale items unless otherwise stated.
Free Delivery Offers
Free delivery offers are subject to availability and are NOT applicable to addresses outside mainland UK unless otherwise stated. Free delivery offers also can not be used in conjunction with any other offer or against sale items unless otherwise stated.
Lipsy Gift Card
Your Gift Card can be used by you if you are the purchaser or given the card as a gift. You can use the card in full or part payment for Goods purchased in participating Lipsy stores or online at lipsy.co.uk.
Lipsy Refund Card
This card has been credited with the value of goods returned and can be used by the recipient only in full or part payment for Goods purchased from participating Lipsy stores or online at lipsy.co.uk.
Please note Refund cards issued in a Lipsy store can not be used at www.lipsy.co.uk.
Gift Card Terms and Conditions
You can purchase Lipsy Gift cards from any participating Lipsy store, you will also receive a Gift card if you return any unwanted product(s) outside of the 21 day returns policy (in this instance you will receive an explanatory email). This card will be credited with the value of your returned item(s) and can be used on the site and within Lipsy retail stores in the same way that store-bought Gift cards can.
Gift cards can be used as full or part payment against purchases from www.lipsy.co.uk and participating Lipsy Stores. If purchasing from the website please ensure that your billing address is the same as the delivery address (which must be in the UK). Gift cards cannot be used in Lipsy concession stores
The value of purchases will be deducted against the card balance; any remaining balance can be used against future purchases.
You can check your Gift Card balance by clicking here, or by logging into your account and clicking 'Gift Card balance'. Alternatively you can ring the following number: 0333 777 8800(UK) or 1890886111 (ROI) (UK calls are charged at a national rate).
You can add value to your gift card at a participating Lipsy store of up to a total maximum of £500.
Gift cards cannot be used as payment against pre-order items.
1 - Lipsy cannot accept responsibility if your card is lost, stolen or damaged, in these circumstances the Gift card will not be replaced or its value refunded.
2 - Purchases and refunds will be in the currency applicable at the point of refund or purchase of a product. The daily currency conversion rate will apply.
3 - Giftcards are not for re-sale and cannot be exchanged for cash. No change or refund will be given.
4 - A Gift card will not be honoured if sold. If you find a Gift card please cut in two and return to the Lipsy banking department at the address below.
5 - Any payment credited to the card which is subsequently dishonoured will result in the credit to your Gift card being revoked.
6 - Gift cards will expire 24 months after the last use or balance check and any remaining balance will be deducted
7 - When using a Gift card as part or full payment for an order on your billing address must match your delivery address which must be in the UK-this is for security purposes
8 - The maximum value that can be on any one Gift card is £500 if a refund from a late return is required that will take the value over £500 it will be refunded onto a new or multiple Gift cards.
9 - Refunds required for orders placed with a non UK billing address will be to original payment method as Gift cards can not be used to place an order outside of the UK
10 - You can use up to 5 separate Gift cards as payment against any one order
11 - When returning a product which was purchased using one or more Gift cards the refund will be credited to the first Gift card used, if this is not possible a new gift card will be created and sent via the Royal Mail, therefore please hold on until all of your Gift cards until you are sure you wish to keep your purchase.
12 - This card remains the property of Lipsy and is not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card. Lipsy reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions and/or discontinue the card at any time. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Lipsy Banking Department: Registered Company number: 5728110, Desford Road, Enderby, Leicester, UK LE19 4AT.
Ratings and Reviews Prize Draw
£100 Prize Draw
1. By entering these free prize draws (together the “Prize Draws” and each one a “Prize Draw”) you agree to these terms and conditions.
2. The Prize Draws are open to residents of the UK aged 16 or over, except for employees of Lipsy London Ltd and Next Ltd, their families, agencies or
anyone else associated with the Prize Draws. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain consent from your parent/guardian to enter the Prize Draws. By
entering into the Prize Draws you confirm that you have this consent.
3. To enter you must write a review of a product you have bought from Lipsy in-store, Lipsy reseller or online from www.lipsy.com. This can be done via the ‘write a review’ email sent by Lipsy or from the ‘write a review’ button found
on each product page on Lipsy.com. You will then be automatically entered into the current Prize Draw. All reviews will need to comply to certain
requirement which are subject to the review Terms and Conditions. If your review is rejected, you will be notified by email which you may then resubmit a
review for re-approval. For each successful review, you will be entered once. You may enter more than once.
4. The first Prize Draw opens at 00:00:01 GMT on 04 February 2016 and closes 23:59:59 GMT on 29 February 2016 and each following Prize Draw opens at
00:00:01 GMT on the 1st of every month, commencing 01 March 2016 and closes at 23:59:59 GMT on the last day of every month (the “Closing Date”). Lipsy does
not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your
entry. Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties. Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted.
5. By entering this Prize Draw, you agree that your details including your email address may be used to keep you informed about Lipsy promotions, products
and news. The winner of each Prize Draw will be the first entry drawn at random within one week of the applicable Closing Date. The winner will be notified
by email no later than two weeks after the Closing Date. Lipsy’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. There will only be one
winner per Prize Draw.
6. There is one prize per Prize Draw (the “Prize”) of £100 Lipsy gift card which can be used in UK and Ireland Lipsy and Next stores and
online at Lipsy.com. Gift card terms and conditions apply.
7. The winner will be contacted via email within 48 hours of the prize draw closing. If the Prize is not claimed within 14 days of the winner being
notified, Lipsy reserves the right to award the Prize to an alternative winner.
8. Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. There is no cash alternative. Lipsy reserves the right to substitute the Prize of a value
the same or greater than the original prize in the event of circumstances outside of its control.
By entering a Prize Draw the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Lipsy may require.
9. The Winner’s name and county will be available for 14 days after the draw by sending a SAE to £100 Prize Draw, Lipsy Marketing at the address below.
10. Lipsy reserves the right to (i) cancel or end the Prize Draws at any time, (ii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry and (iii) amend these terms and
conditions (and will endeavour to notify changes to entrants and potential entrants).
11. Promoter: Lipsy London, 200 – 208 Tottenham Court Road, London, W1T 7PL
By submitting any content to Lipsy Limited, you represent and warrant that:
• You are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights thereto;
• All "moral rights" that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
• You are at least Lipsy Limited years old;
You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
• That is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
• That infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
• That violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
• That is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libellous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
• For which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
• That includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers;
• That contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
You agree to indemnify and hold Lipsy Limited (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers, including but not limited to Bazaarvoice, Inc.), harmless from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown including reasonable lawyers' fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
For any content that you submit, you grant Lipsy Limited a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and licence to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you.
By submitting your email address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that Lipsy Limited and its third party service providers may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
Customer Survey Card
Survey to be completed after purchase.
Only one card can be completed to enter the competition.
If successful you will be notified by email on the 13th of July.
By providing your details you’re subscribing and agreeing to receive marketing material from Lipsy via email or post, both of which you may opt out of at any time.
Usage and availability
All products are sold on the basis that they are suitable for domestic use only. Please contact us for further information if you intend using any products in a business or public environment.
All orders for Goods are subject to availability.
Lipsy designers take great care with the colours used in the collections. The limitations of colour reproduction and the individual colour settings of your screen may mean a slight variation. Every reasonable care has been taken to ensure that the descriptions are accurate however, specifications may change.
If you do have a complaint please email email@example.com or write to Customer Services, Lipsy Limited, Phase 5, Desford Road, Enderby, Leicester, LE19 4AT. Lipsy welcomes and learns from complaints. We aim to deal with complaints speedily and sympathetically. All complaints are logged, investigated and replied to.
In the unlikely event that we are unable to resolve a complaint with you directly, you have the right to refer the dispute to the EU’s Online Dispute Resolution Platform at http://ec.europa.eu/odr. If you decide to use this service, please use the following Lipsy email address when completing the form ODR@lipsy.co.uk.
All information and material submitted by you to Lipsy or that you publish on any public area of the Lipsy web site is on a non-confidential basis. Lipsy may use, edit, copy, republish and distribute (for any purpose) and authorise others to do the same, any such information or material and any ideas contained in such information or material.
Availability of the Site
We cannot promise that the Site will be fault-free. If a fault occurs with the Site you should report it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we can. Your access to the Site may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new content. We will attempt to restore access as soon as we reasonably can.
The content of the Site is protected by copyright, trademarks, database right and other intellectual property rights. You may retrieve and display the content on the Site on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not on a server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the Site without written permission from Lipsy Ltd.
Use of any automated system or software to extract data from this website for commercial purposes and linking to the website without prior written authorisation is prohibited. Lipsy Limited reserves its right to take such action as it considers necessary, including but not limited to issuing legal proceedings without further notice, in relation to any unauthorised use of this website
The Site provides content from other internet sites or resources and while Lipsy tries to ensure that material included on the Site is correct, reputable and of high quality, it does not make any warranties or guarantees in relation to that content. If Lipsy is informed of any inaccuracies in the material on the Site we will attempt to correct the inaccuracies as soon as we reasonably can.
This clause shall not limit or affect our liability if something we do negligently causes death or personal injury.
Overseas use of the Site
We make no promise that the materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom, and accessing the Site from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access the Site from elsewhere, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Data Protection and Privacy
E-mails to you will be sent to the address you specify to us. You must only provide us with a valid e-mail address and it is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to that address. You can unsubscribe at any time by either opting out at registration or by following the link in the email, or by unsubscribing via your account options.
Lipsy intends to rely upon the written terms set out here. If you require any changes, please make sure you ask for these to be put in writing by Lipsy. In that way, we can avoid any problems surrounding what Lipsy and you the customer are expected to do.
This information is supplied in English only and we will continue to communicate in this way during your agreement with us.
© Copyright 2016 care of Lipsy Limited, Desford Road, Enderby, Leicester, LE19 4AT.
Our agreement with you is based upon English law and the laws applicable to this agreement are the laws of England and Wales.
Milton Keynes Facebook Competition – November 2016
1. Eligibility: This Promotion is open to UK and Republic of Ireland residents, aged 16 or over, excluding employees of Lipsy Limited and Next Retail Ltd. If under 18, the entrant must have permission of their legal guardian to enter.
2. No purchase necessary. The Promotion is only valid for entrants who are participating whilst in the Lipsy Milton Keynes concession store. Address: Lipsy C/O Next, 141-163 Silbury Arcade, Milton Keynes MK9 3AQ 3. Proof of identification is required upon claiming the prize.
3. One entry per person allowed.
4. Start Date: Thursday 17th November 2016 at 9:00
5. Closing date: Sunday 20th November 2016 at 17:00
6. To enter, entrants must post a photo of their ‘favourite piece of clothing’, from inside the Lipsy Milton Keynes concession store, to the #LipsyMiltonKeynes Facebook post on the official Lipsy Facebook page (www.facebook.com/lipsylondon) which will read the following:
7. #LipsyMiltonKeynes Competition time! When you visit Lipsy’s new Milton Keyne’s concession between Friday 18th November and Monday 21st November, take a picture of our favourite item of clothing in store and post it to this status! Terms and conditions apply at www.lipsy.co.uk/help/termsconditions
8. The post will be geo-targeted to Milton Keynes and a surrounding 10 mile radius. The post will be set up via Facebook’s Geo-Location targeting options.
9. The winner will be selected at random and announced on Tuesday 22nd November 2016 at Midday. The winner will be contacted via Lipsy’s Facebook Direct Messages.
10. By entering this contest, the entrant agrees to a complete release of Facebook from any or all liability in connection with this contest.
11. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
12. The Winner will be notified by Lipsy on Facebook within 24 hours of the closing date. The winner must confirm whether he or she wishes to claim the prize within 5 days of receiving notification. If the winner fails to do so, the winner shall forfeit the prize and Lipsy reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve winner selected at the same time as the original winner. In the event of unforeseen circumstances Lipsy reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value. Lipsy will endeavour to ensure all reasonable efforts are made to contact the winner before awarding the prize.
13. Permission from other persons in the entry image must be confirmed beforehand.
14. The prize is a £250 Lipsy gift card to spend online at Lipsy.com only and in store at any of Lipsy’s stores found here: http://www.lipsy.co.uk/help/store-locator
15. No cash alternative will be given. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable, must be taken as offered and will only be awarded to the Winner as specified in the entry Terms & Conditions.
16. No responsibility is accepted for entries lost or as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind, except those within the reasonable control of the Promoter such as official Lipsy web and social media pages.
17. The Promoters decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. Lipsy reserves the right to verify the identity of any entrant and their entry before awarding the prize. Lipsy reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
19. The Winner agrees to participate in publicity, such as image and Facebook profile, arising from the promotion.
20. The competition and these Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and each entrant hereby irrecoverably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
The Promoter is: Lipsy Limited (Company No 05728110) (, 200 – 208 Tottenham Court Road, London, W1T 7PL
The winners name will be made available on announcement on the official Lipsy Facebook profile or by writing to Milton Keynes Competition, Marketing, Lipsy Ltd, 200-20 Tottenham Court Road, London, W1T7PL.